How much emphasis are you placing on mobile video in your clients’ multichannel marketing campaigns? People have short attention spans, and they love to be entertained. Adding video increases engagement and, in the online world, increases the chances that the content will be shared. That multiplies your clients’ reach.
Did you know . . .
- Facebook posts with videos attract three times more inbound links than plain text posts? (Source: SEOmoz)
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them? (Source: Marketing Sherpa)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video? (Source: Internet Retailer)
It’s no wonder that marketers are increasingly turning to mobile video. In fact, a just-released study from Cicso, 80% of global Internet use is expected to be video by 2019, a jump from last year’s estimate of 67%. In the United States, this increases to 85%. According to the IAB, 50% of mobile users in the United States are watching more video on mobile devices than they were a year ago.
If you aren’t helping your clients integrate video into their multichannel strategies, it’s time to start. Here are some tips for making it a success:
1. Just do it. These don’t have to be high-end productions. A creative video shot with a good digital camera will do just fine. In the B2B world, I’ve seen some highly engaging videos of a company employee sitting at a table and demonstrating a really creative product or idea.
2. Make it campaign-specific. Don’t send people to a corporate video or canned product demonstration. Create a video for the specific campaign and the target audience you are trying to reach.
3. Keep it short. Even though today’s phones are capable of handling longer videos, attention spans are still short. Grab attention out of the gate, be creative, and get to the point.
How are you integrating mobile into your clients’ campaigns? Give an example of something creative that worked really well.