Everybody wants to “go green” these days, and the printing industry has a compelling story to tell. But I have to say, we’re doing a pretty crummy job at it. Do a search on “green printing” and see what comes up. You’d think that printing on recycled paper was all there was to it.
I’ve been writing for a blog called “Greening Print Marketing” on The Inspired Economist (http://inspiredeconomist.com/), which focuses on “green” issues in the corporate world. Just for fun, here’s a list of the posts I’ve written to date. Thought it might spark some ideas:
- Greening Print Marketing: Getting Serious About Greenhouse Gases
- Forest Stewardship Council Files Suit Against U.S. Government
- Greening Print Marketing: Does Sustainability Matter to Print Buyers?
- Greening Print Marketing: New Report on Digital Printing
- Greening Print Marketing: Xerox Gives Customers More “Green” Printing Choices
- Greening Print Marketing: Is Soy Really Better?
- Greening Print Marketing: How Much Is Brightness Worth?
- Greening Print Marketing: Are Digital, Solvent-Based Inks “Green”?
- Greening Print Marketing: Four “Green” Characteristics of Digital Printing
- Greening Print Marketing: Eco-Printing — A Nice Bonus to Digital Printing
This is just the start of the types of topics that can be covered in a discussion about green printing. And printers are stuck on talking about recycled paper? We DO have a great story to tell. We just need to start getting more creative with our message.
You can access the entire archive of posts at http://greenoptions.com/author/htollvr.