For the last few weeks, I’ve been drumming up responses to an online survey, asking why marketers have not yet deployed a personalized URL campaign.
Reasons listed include . . .
- Don’t fully understand the benefits.
- We do understand the benefits, but don’t think they outweigh the costs.
- We don’t have the databases necessary to deploy the campaign.
- Concerned about conflicts between all of the teams involved, such as marketing, creative, production, and IT.
- PURL campaigns are too difficult / time-consuming to set up.
- Concern about technical snafus.
- Don’t know how to design the creative.
- Too expensive / costly to test.
- We are concerned that they will negatively impact our campaign response rates.
- We just haven’t found the right service provider.
- No budget for it.
- We intend to do so, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
- Just too lazy
- Other (please specify)
Once I get to 100 responses, I’ll post the results. Here is the link to the survey.
If you are a printer, please pass along to your customers. Or if you are a marketer, please fill out the survey. I’ve gotten some great responses, but I don’t have nearly enough. Please participate! (Or ask your customers to participate!)
All responses are anonymous.