A recent survey of advertising agencies, conducted by STRATA, finds that ad agencies are bullish on growth in their businesses. If you’ve been thinking about taking your digital output expertise into this area of the marketplace, now might be a good time to do it.
Here are some encouraging numbers from the survey:
- 62% of the agencies polled see business increasing this quarter compared to the same time last year, the highest level ever recorded in the survey.
- 53% project growth to be better in the first half of 2014 as compared to the last half of 2013
- 29% are increasing their ad budgets from last year, representing the highest level recorded by STRATA since 2008
- 32% of agencies said they plan on hiring staff this year
If you’re going after this market, however, there are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Agencies aren’t looking for one-stop shops — they want to know what you do best.
- Color and consistency are critical, so make sure you are geared up in terms of staffing, PM, and workflow to serve this market.
- Be ready to counter outdated perceptions of what digital presses can and cannot do.
- If your workflow, staff, and equipment can hit spot colors, showcase it!
- Take samples — show, don’t tell.
If you’ve had your eye on the agency market, the data says there is no time like the present.