Mobile is all around us, but too few printers are integrating mobile into their clients’ multichannel marketing campaigns. As the marketing environment continues to fragment, not offering the ability to integrate mobile is like sending your competition a hand-addressed invitation to woo your clients. Offering mobile integration in a multichannel world is a must.
Here is some eye-opening data from Target Marketing‘s “2015 Media Usage Survey” that every MSP should be aware of:
- 42% of marketers are planning to increase their budgets on mobile marketing in 2015
- 43% of marketers are using mobile for client acquisition, up from 28% last year
- 33% are using mobile for customer retention, up from 20% last year
- 39% of marketers are actively using SMS marketing
- 20% are increasing their spending on SMS marketing
For a long time, printers ignored the world of email marketing until the tight integration of print and email was too compelling to ignore or they were losing clients to other shops able to offer this multichannel capability. We are now in a similar situation when it comes to mobile.
Printers should not be afraid of launching into mobile marketing. Mobile does not compete with print. It’s a different channel used for different purposes. Morever, how are your clients going to build their mobile database to use for those campaigns? Most likely, it’s going to be print. Think in-store displays, direct mail, packaging, bags and cups, window clings.
Want print work? Add mobile!